Denver, Colorado Climate & Temperature
- Denver, Colorado, Usa is at 39°46'N, 104°52'W, 1612 m (5289 ft). See map.
- Denver, Colorado has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Denver, Colorado is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average temperature is 10.1 degrees Celsius (50.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 24.4 °C (43.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 7.1°C (44.7°F) on average falling to -7.8°C (17.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.5°C (61.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 1.5°C (34.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29.5°C (85.1°F) and average low temperatures are 13.3°C (55.9°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.5°C (65.2°F) during the day and lows of 2.5°C (36.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 391.3 mm (15.4 inches) which is equivalent to 391.3 Litres/m² (9.6 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3115 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Denver, Colorado you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Denver, Colorado Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Denver, Colorado Climate Graph in Metric Units
Denver, Colorado Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Denver, Colorado, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Denver, Colorado, Usa
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Scottsbluff, Ne, Usa - 256.7 kms (159.5 miles) NNE
- Cheyenne, Wyoming, Usa - 153.8 kms (95.6 miles) N
- Kimball, Ne, Usa - 155.6 kms (96.7 miles) NNE
- Lodgepole, Ne, Usa - 209.4 kms (130.1 miles) NE
- Fort Morgan, Co, Usa - 105.7 kms (65.7 miles) ENE
- Colorado Springs Ap, Co, Usa - 106.5 kms (66.2 miles) S
- Pueblo, Colorado, Usa - 168.1 kms (104.5 miles) S
- Las Animas, Co, Usa - 254.6 kms (158.2 miles) SE