Denver, Colorado Climate & Temperature
- Denver, Colorado, Usa is at 39°46'N, 104°52'W, 1612 m (5289 ft). See map.
- Denver, Colorado has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Denver, Colorado is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 10.1 degrees Celsius (50.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 24.4 °C (43.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 7.1°C (44.7°F) on average falling to -7.8°C (17.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.5°C (61.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 1.5°C (34.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29.5°C (85.1°F) and average low temperatures are 13.3°C (55.9°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.5°C (65.2°F) during the day and lows of 2.5°C (36.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 391.3 mm (15.4 inches) which is equivalent to 391.3 Litres/m² (9.6 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3115 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Denver, Colorado you would come out nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Denver, Colorado, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Topic: Climate of Denver, Colorado, Usa
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Scottsbluff, Ne, Usa - 256.7 kms (159.5 miles) NNE
- Cheyenne, Wyoming, Usa - 153.8 kms (95.6 miles) N
- Kimball, Ne, Usa - 155.6 kms (96.7 miles) NNE
- Lodgepole, Ne, Usa - 209.4 kms (130.1 miles) NE
- Fort Morgan, Co, Usa - 105.7 kms (65.7 miles) ENE
- Colorado Springs Ap, Co, Usa - 106.5 kms (66.2 miles) S
- Pueblo, Colorado, Usa - 168.1 kms (104.5 miles) S
- Las Animas, Co, Usa - 254.6 kms (158.2 miles) SE